Recipe by Sage
In Australia, 'slice' describes any food such as a cake or biscuit that is cut into squares in the tin or dish, and lifted out with a knife to serve. The best comparison is to call it a cake or a loaf, but it is definitively a savoury dish to be served with either hot vegetables or salad, or on its own as a snack, perhaps with your favorite sauce.
Top Review by Queenofcamping
I wish I would have liked this more. I like everything in it but it just did not work for us. There were 6 of us eating it and no one really liked it. Maybe I will try it again and add bacon and corn as someone suggested in their review. Made for ZWT5 for the Cooks with Dirty Faces. Thanks
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place grated and chopped vegetables into a large basin together with flour and 2/3 cup grated cheese.
- Reserve 1/3 cup for top.
- Beat eggs until frothy with olive oil and add to bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over bottom of an oven proof dish, sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- This slice is delicious served hot and accompanied by salad, or cold with hot vegetables for a snack meal.