Zucchini & Noodle Slice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 50 g vermicelli, dried
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 (125 g) cans corn kernels, well drained
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- mixed salad green, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 dg & grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- Line the base and sides of the pan with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at the long ends of the pan.
- Place noodles in heatproof bowl & cover with boiling water, set aside for 10mins. Drain noodles, and cut into 5cm lengths using kitchen scissors.
- Finely chop onion and cook with bacon for a few minutes in the microwave.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from zucchini & carrot and combine the noodles, zucchini, carrot, corn, onion, capsicum, flour & cheese in a large bowl. Place eggs, milk, oil & oyster sauce in a jug. Whisk to combine then stir through noodle mixture.
- Spread the mixture into tray & cook for 20-25 mins or until golden & just set.
- Stand for 20 mins to set & serve with mixed salad leaves. (If using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!