Recipe by catalina602
This is a fast dish to make and tastes great! My family loves it so much that I double the tofu. There is no prep time because as soon as I put my side on the stove I start cubing and chopping whatever needs to go in the wok, in the order it is listed. Add more heat if you like, I can't because I'm the only one who likes it hot!
Top Review by Preeti R.
This was a decent recipe and a good starting point but when I was done, there was hardly any taste! So I added salt, ginger, chilis and a whole lot more curry powder than the '1-2 teaspoons' it called for. It turned out pretty good! I'd definitely make [my version] of this again.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (12 ounce) extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 13 -14 ounces coconut milk, canned
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash curry powder, hot (more if you like heat)
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and dice tofu.
- Add tofu to hot oil in wok and saute, drain excess liquid and continue to saute to desired crispiness.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add coconut milk and spices.
- Cut zucchini into bite size pieces and add to wok.
- Let everything cook for 7-10 minutes more, depending on desired doness of zucchini and thickness of sauce.
- I like serving millet as a side which takes 20 minutes to cook, so I time it with the curry to make sure everything is done at the same time!