Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice healthy, homemade dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk reduced-fat pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 cups cubed day-old whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven,cook the beef, sausage,onion, carrot, and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and veggies are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread cubes and milk, set aside.
- Remove meat mixture from the heat;drain. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in bread mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Uncover and stir. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until golden brown.