Recipe by raspberryjello
An attempt to get some more vegetables into my kids. I've made these with various savory seasonings, (i.e., salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary). But this recipe is for the sweet version.
Top Review by jody.molengraff
Excellent way to use zucchini! I didn't have flaxseed so I substituted with 2 Tbs real butter. Added a tiny bit of salt and a dash of nutmeg which really gave them a lovely zing. Topped with maple syrup. Delicious! I'll be making these again!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 dash clove (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients.
- heat frying pan on medium (i use non-stick, but you can lightly grease a regular pan instead).
- Cook batter one scoop at a time (approx 1/4 cup).
- Fry on each side until golden brown (2 minutes or so each side).
- Serve with applesauce (or syrup, or other pancake toppings).