Recipe by Malriah
Posted in response to a recipe request. I have never tried this recipe therefore I am not sure of the result. I would think that you could change the flavor of the jell-o to suit your fancy.
Top Review by vonnieschmitt
excellent! I made this with the zucchini unpeeled but seeded and using strawberry kiwi jello. The zucchini peels turned dark, so I added enough red food coloring to make the jam pink. It looks like real strawberry jam. My friends with Chrone's disease can eat this!
- 8 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded and pureed
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 (6 ounce) packages raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat.
- Allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add, sugar, Jello and pectin and stir until dissolved.
- Continue boiling for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.