Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From How to Cook a Wolf, by M.F.K. Fisher (1942, 1951)
Make and share this Zucchini Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions or 3 green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 small zucchini
- 1 large fresh tomato
- 1 teaspoon herbs, including parsley, sweet marjoram or 1 teaspoon thyme
- 9 eggs
- sea salt
- Heat oil in skillet and cook minced onion and garlic slowly in it 10 minutes. Add zucchini cut into thin slices. Add peeled and cut-up tomato, seasoning, and herbs. Cover, and cook until vegetable is tender. Take from stove and cool.
- Beat eggs lightly, season, and mix with cooled vegetables. Pour back into skillet, cover tightly and cook over a slow fire until the edges of the frittata pull away from the pan. If the middle puffs up, prick it with a long sharp knife
- When it is solid, brown lightly under a slow broiler flame in a preheated oven, cut in slices like a pie, and serve at once.”.