Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on the internet and can't wait to try it !! It is supposed to taste like apple crisp. I have never made this recipe, but am posting it here to share with you all and to keep it safe for future use. If you try it before I do, let me know how it turns out!
- ZUCCHINI MIXTURE:.
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, cook zucchini and lemon juice for 15-20 minutes until zucchini is tender.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for a minute more.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- CRUST MIXTURE:.
- For crust, mix flour, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles pea size coarse crumbs.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the flour mixture into zucchini and mix well.
- Press 1/2 of remaining crust mixture into a greased 15x10 jelly roll pan.
- Spread zucchini mixture over crust in pan.
- Crumble remaining crumb mix over zucchini and sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes.
This was delicous!!! I baked it in 9x13 pan, and it made so much I took some to work and gave some to friends. Everyone loved this recipe, no one believed it was zucchini. They all assumed it was apple. Definitely a keeper, thanks for posting!!
I made this last weekend and it was delicious! I opted to add chopped pecans, and I swapped 1/2 of the flour for oats. No one could tell it was zucchini (even after I told them) and it was very, very delicious! It was a great conversation piece also.
EXCELLENT!!!! This was the perfect recipe to use with the extra zuc's from my kitchen garden. The kids and family loved it and I'm looking forward to eating a slice tomorrow. In regards to there being too much topping I have to disagree. When this is made in a jelly roll pan..or any other rectangular size one..the topping looks like too much but it does come together nicely and I like a nice thick topping. I replaced a 1/4 cup of the white sugar for the filling w/ brown as well as the topping. I also replaced a 1 cup of the flour w/ 1 cup of whole wheat. You could not tell the whole wheat was in there very much~! I will be making this as my standard pot luck bring-a-long. Thanks!