Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Mr. Food
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cansready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the zucchini and onion; cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, oregano, salt, and pepper; cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth and thoroughly combined; slowly stir into the soup. Increase the heat to medium-high and continue to stir until the soup thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly stir in the cream.
- Simmer for 5 minutes; do not allow to boil. Serve immediately.