Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My Mother-in-law's best zucchini bread ...coconut gives it sweetness and great texture.
Make and share this Zucchini Coconut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut or 236.59 ml shredded flaked coconut
- 473.18 ml raw unpeeled grated zucchini
- 118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
Halved the recipe. Used two eggs. Skipped the nuts, instead adding 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. Added 1/4 tsp. coconut extract. Tasted amazing and had the most delicious crust. I was expecting to have to add a glaze but this was plenty sweet and delicious without.
Wonderful! I have made this several times now and have a few loafs in the freezer. I have given 2 people the recipe already, everyone loves it! I did substitute 1/2 the oil with 1/2 applesauce and added some xtra vanilla. I peeled min on accident too, but now I do it everytime. Also the 3rd time I made this I tried it with 1/2 whole wheat flour sifted, 1/2 applesauce and with 3/4 c eggbeaters...it was still just as delicious! Thanks
I just made this bread with a few changes. I used 1/2 whole wheat flour, added 2 big scoops flax seed, used 3/4 cup honey and 3/4 cup dark brown sugar. Otherwise made the same. I will definitely be making this one again! It was delicious!