Recipe by Tebo
Another helpful way to use up those prolific zucchini. This can be done ahead and refrigerated. After cooking let it rest for 5 minutes or so then serve.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese or 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini in small amount of water until barely tender, about 5 minutes Drain and cool.
- Combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, baking powder and flour.
- Stir zucchini into egg mixture.
- Place in buttered casserole.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.