Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good way to use the abundant crop of zucchini,that is a good main dish and easy to prepare. I sometime use Italian sausage instead of ground beef--it spices it up nicely. Recipe from the "The Best of Mennonite Fellowship Meals".
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato bisque soup
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Boil the zucchini in 1 cup of water until the zucchini is tender; reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Mix meat mixture, zucchini, reserved 1/2 cup water, soup, rice, and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Put into buttered 2-quart casserole and top with some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.
Really good and easy. I used a can of tomato basil soup because I couldn't find a bisque. The can was a bit larger than a normal soup can so I omitted the water.
Great. Easy to make.
Very good, I will be making this again. Now comes the part that I hate to see when people rate recipes. I added fresh chopped green peppers and sliced yellow squash because I had them. I also had a very fresh tomato right out of the garden so I chopped it up and added it to the tomato bisque soup. I usually have to substitute somethings because I don't have the exact ingredients on hand but, this time I had it all. Thank you for sharing, this is a keeper.