Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother's zucchini bread is famous. We love it. When baked, we freeze it for another day. When the garden is overflowing with zucchini, we seed them and grate them. Package this freshly grated zucchini three cups to a freezer bag. Then when you want to make some in the dead of winter, you thaw a bag and are ready to make this delicious bread. Be sure to use all the liquid that is in the freezer bag. We love it plain or with butter. If the zucchini are young and tender, no need to peel.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups zucchini, peeled, seeded, grated
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine oil, sugars and eggs. Add the remaining ingredients and incorporate well.
- Grease and flour two loaf pans. Divide batter into both pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in pans and remove bread.
outrageos so good i doubled the recipe used sunflower seed. melt in your mouth thankyou.