Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Blend well in mixer, eggs, sugar and oil.
- Into mixture add all dry ingredients mixed with 2 c flour.
- After mixture is blended add last cup of flour, folding in by hand.
- Fold in 2 c zucchini, drained partially. Add vanilla.
- Bake in 2 bread tins 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
AMAZING!!! I kept the integrity of the recipe to make one loaf. Then I added another half cup of zucchini and made huge muffins with the other loaf batter. It worked out great because the muffins took 30 minutes for 6, so I did two batches with the loaf. Thank you soooo much!!
This was a delicious zucchini bread recipe. Like it states, it produces two loaves, though there are rather small loaves. But the cinnamon and vanilla add such a nice touch (and I left out the nuts due to family preference). Thank you for sharing your recipe, Zaphro. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.