Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Traditional recipe. Very good! :)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded and squeeze out all juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix zucchini, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add sifted flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan for 40 minutes at 350*.
- Cool 20-40 minutes .
- Slice and remove from pan.
Very disappointed I wasted my ingredients. Batter seemed very thin. Went ahead and it did bake alright. Had 1 piece, texture was very spongy. None of my family cared for it too much. Husband took a slice in his lunch for a couple days, rest went out to the birds.
It worked out just fine for me! :-)
Well, this recipe reminded me why I don't bake. The batter was too liquidy and it didn't cook through. The parts that did cook tasted great though! Chalk another one up to uncannily bad baking skills....