Recipe by White House Recipes
A slight variation of the recipes found here. I use whole wheat flour and oats to help up the fibre content and reduce the carb impact. Using Splenda also helps for those watching their carbs or are diabetic.
Top Review by frogger3699
Great recipe! I did do a few mods thou. I only had regular oats instead of the quick oats and accidentally used 3 cups instead of 2. I used alittle less flour to try and make it up. I also subed a 1/2 of applesauce for half the oil. It came out pretty good and sweet enough for me. I used 2 large loaf pans and let it go for about 55 minutes. It is a bit crumblie but I'm not making sandwiches with it so I dont care if it is. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (I use large eggs, may need 4 eggs if you have small size)
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 -3 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup nuts (optional) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chocolate chips, are (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add eggs and sour cream, mix until creamy.
- Add bananas and zucchini, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.
- Slowly add flour, oats and nuts (if using).
- Put into a well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 - 45 minutes. Will make 3 or 4 pans depending on size.
- I have made this using mini loaf pans and shortened the baking time to 25 - 30 minute Check for doneness after 25 minute.