Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cups Italian-style tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onion 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and basil and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and sauté 5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Stir vegetables into egg mixture.
- Pour into a buttered shallow baking dish and bake 15 minutes or until casserole is set.
- Do not overcook.
- Cut into wedges.
This is for pick your chef This was very good. I can't wait untill the tomatoes and zuccini are fresh from the garden. It will be even better. I will certainly make this again.