Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These veggies are delicious! The cayenne realllly adds something to these veggies, so try not to leave it out. If you have to, its ok :-)
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded,and ribbed,and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- Heat your grill to medium.
- Toss veggies with olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne and toss again.
- Grill until tender, approximately 6-8 minutes per side.
- Return the veggies to large bowl and gently toss with fresh basil.
We made these last night on the grill and they were so good. The flavors were perfect! I was tempted to add more cayenne, and I am glad I didn't because the hint of cayenne was a great touch.
Made these yummy grilled veggies to go with Manda's Low-Fat Teriyaki Grilled Tuna Steaks. They turned out wonderful. I didn't use the yellow bell pepper but just increased the zucchini and yellow squash amounts to compensate. The cayenne is a nice spicy touch. We thought the flavors all went together very well. Will use this one a lot now that grilling season is in full swing. Thanks.
These very very good I do like spice. Which the cayenne gave this a nice kick. The peppers I did remove the blistered skin once cool enough to handle.