Recipe by Mrs_Nostawk
A yummy, tasty slice packed with vegies and rice vermicelli noodles... a great accompaniement with your evening meal or a filling midday lunch. For the noodles, I buy Changs Rice Vermicelli Noodles. They come in a pack of four individual portions. One portion is more than enough. Be aware, the measurement for the corn kernels is before they are drained from the can. You can add a little bacon for some extra flavour. The preparation time includes the 20 minutes standing time.
Top Review by Dottygumdrop
I found this recipe in the February issue of Super Food Ideas magazine and came on to post it. This is easy to make if you use the food processor to shred all the vegetables and it is delicious, with a healthy serve of veges. It reheats well in the microwave, making this a perfect slice to take to work for lunch. I usually up the cheese to about a cup and toss in some finely diced bacon for extra flavour. I have also substituted the oyster sauce with dark soy sauce on one occasion with delicious results. Thanks for posting.
- 62 1⁄2 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 (125 g) canned corn kernels, drained
- 4 green onions (shallots)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (160 degrees celcius for a fan-forced oven). Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamingon pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at long ends.
- 2. Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain. Return to bowl. Using kitchen scissors, cut noodles into 5cm lengths. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini and carrot. Combine noodles, zucchini, carrot, corn, onion, garlic, capsicum, flour and cheese in a bowl. Place eggs, milk, oil, flour and cheese in a jug. Whisk to combine. Stir through noodle mixture and then spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Stand for 20 minutes to set. Serve.