From Alive in 5 by Angela Elliot. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy! Posted for the Veg*n Recipe Swap. (I think I've read that the Himalayan and Celtic salts used in many Raw Recipes are a bit less "salty" than regular table salt, so I would salt with caution and to taste.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sunflower seeds, raw and soaked
- 1⁄2 cup dill weed, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 6 sheets nori, raw
- Place sunflower seeds, dill, onion, celery, tomato, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until chopped but a little bit chunky.
- Spread the mixture evenly over each nori sheet.
- (Optional: place a few pepper or cucumber matchsticks on the mixture before rolling.).
- Roll sheets up and slice into 1 1/2 inches pieces.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.