1/1 Photo of Zippy "tuna" Rolls (Raw Foods)
From Alive in 5 by Angela Elliot. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy! Posted for the Veg*n Recipe Swap. (I think I've read that the Himalayan and Celtic salts used in many Raw Recipes are a bit less "salty" than regular table salt, so I would salt with caution and to taste.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds, raw and soaked
- 1/2 cup dill weed, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped into matchsticks (optional)
- 6 sheets nori, raw
- 1Place sunflower seeds, dill, onion, celery, tomato, lemon juice, salt, olive oil, and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until chopped but a little bit chunky.
- 2Spread the mixture evenly over each nori sheet.
- 3(Optional: place a few pepper or cucumber matchsticks on the mixture before rolling.).
- 4Roll sheets up and slice into 1 1/2 inches pieces.
- 5Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy "tuna" Rolls (Raw Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.6
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 802.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 17.2 g