Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The chipotle-yogurt dressing on this scrummy potato salad is sooooooo good! A great salad for your next picnic.
- 2 celery ribs, cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut into very small dice
- 1⁄2 cup red radish, cut into very small dice
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into very small dice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro or 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes, cooked in boiling, salted water until tender, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, cut into dice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellman's)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, with
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- To make dressing: Whisk sugar into vinegar until it dissolves. In a mini-processor, zap all the dressing ingredients (including the sweetened vinegar) until a creamy dressing is formed. (make sure garlic has been pulverized).
- Put all the potato salad ingredients into a bowl. Pour dressing over and combine to coat evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving to allow flavours to blend.
Very good potato salad. I liked all the veggies and the subtle flavor of the chipotle.
I loved all the veggies and the smoky dressing with a little bit of sweet. Very good salad. Thanks and good luck!
This is a great twist on potato salad. I liked that there are a lot of veggies in it, and the smokey flavor from the chipotle. I thought it ened up being just a tad to spicy.And the mayo and yogurt aren't exactly safe choices for a picnic salad. I will use these flavora again for a potato salad though!