Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A simple way to prepare pork chops.
- 4 pork chops, 1 1/4 inches thick and slit for stuffing
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- Trim excess fat from pork chops.
- Spoon stuffing into slit pockets in chops and secure with toothpicks.
- Brown the chops in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chops in a 2 quart rectangular or oval baking dish.
- Pour the chili sauce over them and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Stir the sauce, and turn and baste the chops.
- Cover and bake an additional 30-40 minuted or until tender and no longet pink.
- Remove the toothpicks and skim fat off the sauce.
These were easy to fix and turned out much better than I expected. Not that fond of Chili Sauce I had my reservations, but these were very good. I used thin sliced chops (we already had them on hand) and put them on top of each other after browning them on both sides as directed in the recipe. I stuffed them with the dressing and then tooth-picked them together placing them in the baking dish with Chili Sauce spread in the bottom of the dish. I proceeded to cover the chops with the sauce also as directed. This alleviated having to turn them over - I baked them for 60 mins at 350 degrees. They turned out just fine...