Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good. My family loves it.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onions, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir eggs until set but still moist.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Fluff rice with fork.
- Add rice, mushrooms, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce to meat mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
This is really good - tastes like fried rice! I did leave out the hot sauce since I knew my family would prefer it that way. Thanks!