Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my local TV station. Excellent cold dish for hot summer days!
- 2 cups dry spiral shaped pasta
- 1 small fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, mix broccoli, carrots, diced tomato, and black olives.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir.
- Cover and Chill before serving.
Excellent!! I used garbanzo beans and mozzarella, but otherwise kept to the recipe. The only thing I would do differently is to stir everything together except the pasta; and add it in last. I started with the pasta and it somewhat broke apart as I kept adding ingredients. Just a "looks" thing, didn't affect the taste. I used Bev's Italian Salad Dressing recipe instead of bottled dressing. Shellbelle, THANKS!!
Absolutely wonderful! So simple too - everything can be assembled while the pasta is cooking. I made a few changes to the recipe, based on what I had on hand. My version did not have broccoli, olives, or tomatoes, but I know this dish would be equally (if not even more so) yummy with them included. I used tri-colour fusilli (spinach, tomato, and regular) and I cut the cheese into small cubes instead of shredding it (quicker and less clean-up for me that way). I also added some fresh ground pepper for an extra kick. Overall, a great pasta salad that I will make again and again! Thanks Shellbelle!