- 3 lbs skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Drain ONE of the cans of diced tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained and undrained tomatoes, the tapioca, ginger, parsley, garlic, red pepper and salt. Pour mixture over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-7 hours or on high setting for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Skim off fat. Serve in shallow bowls on a bed of hot brown rice.