Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Drain ONE of the cans of diced tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained and undrained tomatoes, the tapioca, ginger, parsley, garlic, red pepper and salt. Pour mixture over chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6-7 hours or on high setting for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Skim off fat. Serve in shallow bowls on a bed of hot brown rice.
This was a nice and easy crockpot dish that has a lot of flavour! I did almost double the ginger and added 7 cloves of garlic and served with white basmati rice and Tomato Salad (Arabic Salad). Thanks for posting.