Salsa Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
so good! and so easy! my boyfriend and I seriously make this 2 days in a row so that we have a big pot of it. You can make it into a sandwich, or eat it with tortilla chips for a party, or you can put it over rice and enjoy it that way! This recipe came from a friend, she got it from a recipe book at the dollar store, I would have thought it would already be on here, but nope. So I figured I'd let you all enjoy it as much as we do :)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- -Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with PAM.
- -Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- -Cover the chicken with the packet of taco seasoning.
- -Pour the salsa on top, and smooth it out so it covers everything.
- -Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- ***Be sure not to remove the lid at anytime, as if you do you will need to add 30 mins to cooking time. (not worth it :) )***.
- -When chicken is done, take 2 forks and shred the chicken and the salsa will absorb into it (also the salsa will not taste like salsa anymore, it reduces to more of a juicy sauce instead of chunky).
- -Serve anyway you'd like :) with rice, with tortilla chips, in a torpedo roll, or any other way you can think of!. its delicious all ways!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This didn't turn out super-great for me, although I do take a lot of the responsibility. I used a hot chunky salsa, which was not very liquid, and was out of the house for more than 8 hours, so it sat on warm for about 1.5 hours until I got home. The liquid had all evaporated and I was left with a burnt salsa smell when I opened the door and a VERY spicy dish. We like spicy food, but this was more than we could handle. <br/><br/>We mixed it with some mild salsa and fresh veggies to cool it down, then used it in fajitas with sour cream. Our eyes were still watering, but it was good. So, overall, my adjustments were the problem, but I still don't think I'll be making this one again soon.