Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine cornmeal, paprika, salt, garlic, powder, pepper, and cumin in a shallow dish or on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Rinse chicken, do not pat dry; coat chicken evenly on all sides with the cornmeal mixture.
- Spray an unheated large skillet with cooking spray.
- Preheat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly on all sides.
This is marvelous! It reminded me of chicken I had in fajitas at Applebees or Chilis...one of those great places. What I did was chop up my chicken into smaller peices to make it more like chicken nuggets. It's also good in a tortilla. Thanks for sharing this!
This is delicious! Easy to make, doesn't take any time...it was extremely tasty!
This recipe was made for mine and SO's dinner on 4/21/08.I used two flattened boneless chicken breasts.And the only thing that was cut in half in the recipe besides the chicken, was the paprika. If this was made again, I think that the cumin might be "kicked up a bit ". As I made it it tasted pretty good. Thanks for posting and "Keep Smiling :)"