Mojos (Delicious Deep Fried Potatoes)
This is one of the first Copycat recipes I've tried. It's a big hit everytime I make it. They taste really really good!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium potatoes, unpeeled but scrubbed
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- ranch dressing or sour cream, optional
- Mix flour and spices in shallow dish.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
- Dip potato slices into the beaten egg, then into flour mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil (about 375º) until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with dressing or sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
All I have to say is... yum! My husband and I are both fans of Shakey's original Mojos, but don't live very close to a Shakey's anymore. To top it off, my kids and I are now on gluten-free diets, so we can't eat them at Shakey's anymore. I simply substituted my usual gluten-free flour blend for the flour and it turned out beautifully. My kids an husband can't stop raving!1Reply
Cut into rounds these duplicate the Rojo potatoes served at the Shakey's chain. Our Shakey's closed more than a decade ago, and my family was stoked when I made these last night. They couldn't get enough. The only changes I made were cutting the potatoes into rounds and I added just a touch more garlic. They were wondermous!2Reply
see 5 more