Fried Chicken Legs Done My Way!
DH and I love chicken legs better than the other sections of the chicken. I just add my special touch of seasonings to the basic flour mixture. Everyone loves them legs!!
- Ready In:
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Johnny's)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beau monde seasoning (spice Island brand)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons Butter Flavor Crisco
- Heat a large electric skillet to 375'.
- Place oil and butter in skillet til hot.
- Meanwhile mix together flour,salt,pepper,seasoning salt,chicken bouillon,and beau monde seasoning in a large plastic baggie or a bread bag and shake to blend.
- Wash and towel dry chicken legs and add to plastic bag with mixture.
- Shake to coat legs.
- Place in hot oil and fry, turning every 10 minutes. Til browned evenly.
- Turn heat down and cover skillet for 10 minutes. Remove cover and turn legs over and cover with lid for another 10 minutes. Remove lid.
- Turn heat up again and fry til crisp, with turning every 5 minutes for 15minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel and serve.
- (NOTE: You may add or delete oil to your standards before or during frying).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I went to Spice Island website and searched for a store in Colorado within 20 miles of where I live that sells beau monde and there isn't any. So I found a recipe to make your own. It is 2 Tbsp Onion Powder, 2 Tbsp Celery Salt and 1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar. TOSS INGREDIENTS IN A JAR WITH 6-10 GRAINS OF RICE (IF YOU LIVE IN A HUMID ENVIRONMENT AND WILL BE OPENING AND SHUTTING JAR A FEW TIMES OVER A COUPLE MONTHS. ) SHAKE IT UP GOOD. The reviews of it said that it tastes like the original and a lot less expensive. I will add more to flour mixture next time for more flavor. I had a problem with the cooking time. I followed the directions and by time I got to the turn every 5 mins for 15 mins my chicken was looking almost burnt. So I did not even do that step and the chicken crust was hard in places but the inside was nice and I could barely taste a hint of the seasoning mix but what I did taste for a second did taste good. I might look for a different recipe or change the cooking time for this one but I want to be able to follow a recipe and it come out like it is supposed to.