Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Add zing to your chicken breast with chili powder and ground cumin. From Prevention Healthy Cooking.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (7 ounce) cangreen giant sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In cup, combine chili powder, brown sugar and cumin. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion reads 160°F and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together corn, red pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, lime juice and salt.
- Evenly divide corn salsa onto 4 plates. Top each with chicken breast.
- DID YOU KNOW?.
- Kidney beans are loaded with plenty of fiber-the soluble kind. Start slowly so you have time to get used to added fiber in the diet!