Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a vegetarian friend and easy to make. You can heat it up as much as you like.
Make and share this Zesty Black Bean Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 30 cheese crackers
- 59.14 ml butter
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml onion, diced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 538.64 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 340.19 g can corn kernels, well drained
- 236.59 ml salsa (mild or hot)
- 113.39 g cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and softened
- For the crust - In a food processor or blender pulse crackers until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- For the filling - Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, corn and salsa.
- Bring to a boil and add cream cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and the mixture holds together - about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread evenly over cooked crust.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes
- Remember oven do vary but needs to be heated thru completely.
This was an interesting recipe. My husband and I both liked it. I assumed that "cheese crackers" meant cheese-its or cheese nips, but I think I was wrong. The reason being that I had to use way more than 30 crackers. Probably more like 90. I used about half the box. It was good, however, we both think it would be better as a dip. It would be awesome used as a dip, not so much as a main course. We both tried using tortillas to dip it, and it was great that way. Thanks for posting. This was made for "Name that Ingredient Tag Game- Fall 2013"