1/2 Photos of Zesty Black Bean Pie
Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
This is from a vegetarian friend and easy to make. You can heat it up as much as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn kernels, well drained
- 1 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and softened
- 1For the crust - In a food processor or blender pulse crackers until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- 2In a bowl, combine crackers and butter.
- 3Press into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- 5For the filling - Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 6Add onion and cook until softened.
- 7Add garlic and cumin and cook for about 1 minute.
- 8Stir in beans, corn and salsa.
- 9Bring to a boil and add cream cheese and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted and the mixture holds together - about 2 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Spread evenly over cooked crust.
- 12Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes
- 13Remember oven do vary but needs to be heated thru completely.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Black Bean Pie
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 736.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g