1/4 Photos of Zesty Beef and Rice
weekend cooker's Note:
A great one meal dish for the whole family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled butter flavored cracker
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain well.
- 2Add rice, corn, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in Velveetta cheese, until cheese melts. Spoon into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- 4Combine cracker crumbs, pecans, and melted margarine, and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 5Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 minutes or until casserole is bubbly hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Beef and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.3
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 1819.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g