Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Got this recipe from a nice Polish lady at Polish festival in Cleveland, Ohio. She said it was an Old Polish recipe that she added some "new world" ingrediants to jazz it up.
- 2 lbs london broil beef, cut in 2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce (Garlic and Onion Flavor)
- 2 cans peas and carrots (drained)
- 2 cans black beans (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 4 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 cans nonfat beef broth
- Place beef in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over beef in the crockpot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Most delicious stew you ever had in your life!
This is the best stew ever. Put it on before you go to work. When you get home in the afternoon, your dinner is ready. I have given this recipe to several of my friends and they love it.
My home had the most wonderful aroma coming from the slowcooker within 2 hours of starting. I halved the recipe as only 2 are eating and there's plenty for leftovers. I didn't have the flavored tomato sauce but did in diced tomatoes which was okay as I love hunks of tomato. I used cornstarch to thicken a bit. Wouldn't say it's the BEST stew ever, but it was enjoyable and I'll make it again. Thanks for this East European delight.