Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was making a dinner inspired by the NA/ME region and had some sweet potatoes to use up. This turned out so wonderful that I wanted to share. I used My Own Za'atar, but I am sure that a "real" za'atar recipe would taste as good, if not better.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon za'atar spice mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes (about one inch cubes). Cut onion into wedges and then cut wedges in half (basically, big chunks).
- Put sweet potato and onion pieces into a 9"x13" baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on za'atar and salt and toss to coat.
- Bake at 350 for one hour, stirring every 20 minutes.