Recipe by FrVanilla
I'm not sure where I found this, but it is so good. Great sauce for the veggies.
Top Review by Cmjennings1590
I actually wasn't as impressed with this recipe as other reviewers. I love that it incorporates so many vegetables in one dish. My household is vegetarian and I'm always looking for comfort food I can make that doesn't include meat. I thought this was a little bland and it defiantly isn't the same without meat. It was a bit bland and I didn't care for the way the potatoes rested on top. I plan to make it again with some additional spices and a layer of vegetarian meat crumbles.
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy yogurt or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the vegetables and steam just until tender.
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons butter, yogurt and cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, add in flour and cook 1 minute, then whisk in milk and broth. Simmer until thick.
- Add in the steamed veggies and sage. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Spread the vegetables in a large baking dish, and spread the potato mixture on top.
- Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden.