1/3 Photos of Yummy Veggie Shepherd's Pie
I'm not sure where I found this, but it is so good. Great sauce for the veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup milk or 2/3 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt or 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Combine all the vegetables and steam just until tender.
- 2Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons butter, yogurt and cheese.
- 3Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In a large saucepan, melt butter, add in flour and cook 1 minute, then whisk in milk and broth. Simmer until thick.
- 5Add in the steamed veggies and sage. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- 6Spread the vegetables in a large baking dish, and spread the potato mixture on top.
- 7Sprinkle additional parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- 8Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Veggie Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 229.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: