Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious vegetarian alternative to a traditional meat sauce that has loads of flavor. Even meat eaters in my family enjoy this recipe!
- 8 ounces favorite pasta sauce
- 4 ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup veggie crumbles, ground boca burger meat (found in frozen food section of market)
- 4 ounces whole wheat pasta
- Place chopped onion, garlic, sauce, and diced tomatoes in juice in a pot over medium heat so it starts to simmer.
- Start cooking pasta according to boxed directions.
- Once pasta water begins to boil, add in fresh herbs along with Boca meat, pepper flakes, and green onion. Allow to simmer while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta and place onto serving plate topped with your vegetarian meat sauce.
- Add additional green onion or herbs on top if desired.
- Serve with a salad or italian bread.