1/3 Photos of Yummy Onion Soup
nikki ciciretto's Note:
It's my take on French onion soup.....well it's not so much French, but it tastes amazing with crunchy garlic toast with melted mozzarella cheese. if your like me who can't have dairy then plain is just as delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften onions with the 3 tbsp of margarine, but don't brown.
- 2Add flour and make sure it doesn't burn out the bottom and it forms a white coating on the onions ( make a roux).
- 3Make sure you ave the liquids ready, so the flour doesn't burn. Add the liquid and stir, making sure you get all the stuff on the bottom of the pot.
- 4Then on med heat add the Worcestershire, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 5Bring to a simmer and let it cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are nice and soft.
- 6You can add any spices or herbs. I sometimes put garlic and basil or replace the chicken stock or beef stock to make it more rich in flavor.
- 7Also the ratios may change depending on the size of your onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 998.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g