Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My oatmeal raisin cookie recipe! I make smaller cookies and this recipe will yield 3 1/2 dozen. My cooking time is for 4 batches of cookies at 10 minutes each.
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened (not margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and wheat germ in mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and sugar and blend well.
- Add one egg at a time and blend well.
- Add vanilla, molasses and honey and blend well.
- Pour half of wet mixture into dry mixture and blend. Add remaining wet mixture and blend well.
- Add oats and raisins and evenly blend in dough.
- Spoon by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes (for my oven, it's exactly 10 minutes).
Nice oatmeal cookies!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and used part whole wheat flour and AP flour and used 1/2 of the raisins as some of my family doesn't care for them and did end up adding more oats as I felt it needed more of them. I think the nutmeg was too strong in flavor for my tastes, so would probably leave it out next time, or just put a sprinkle in the batter. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.