Recipe by Scruffers
Oh, what can I say! It has everything in it that I enjoy!!
Top Review by Creation in Hope
I made these since company was coming over and I couldn't use my oven (it caught on fire 'cause I need to clean it VERY badly). So these are EVIL!!!! I do not recommend this to anyone that is trying to loose weight at all 'cause you won't!! I can't stop eating them. They taste like popcorn balls in a way. As a child we use to mix peanut butter and syrup and eat it as a dip and it tastes a lot like that also!! What a child hood memory this brought up!! KUDOS on the recipe and MAJOR KUDOS to Scruffers!!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- bring sugar, margarine and corn syrup to a boil.
- rapid boil for 1 minute.
- remove from heat.
- add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- add corn flakes, cheerios, coconut, and nuts.
- mix well.
- drop while warm onto wax paper.
- let cool.
- you can make large cookies or small ones.
- either way they are delicious!