One of our favorite recipes. A friend gave me a hummus recipe a few years ago, but my husband has altered it so many times that this is the recent final product. Tastes so good with great flavor! Our favorite way to eat this hummus is on bread with sliced avocados and tomatoes on top. Also tastes great in a pita sandwich with avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, etc. You can use it as a salad dressing by doubling the water. I'm not crazy about it as a salad dressing, but others I know have enjoyed it.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup bean liquid, from can
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tomato (to garnish)
- 1 piece lettuce (to garnish) or 1 piece parsley (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon mild chili powder
- Blend all ingredients on high until creamy.
- Garnish with sliced tomato and a piece of lettuce or parsley.
- *For a dressing, double the water.