Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
We usually make this candy for Christmas,but I have also made this candy for Baby and Bridal showers. Very Creamy and smooth, Delicious!
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 59.14 ml butter (No Substitutions)
- 907.18 g powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml flavoring
- food coloring
- Combine Cream cheese and Butter in heavy bottom sauce pan. Stir over low heat till both are soft. Add Powdered sugar. Stir until well combined. Add flavoring. Seperate candy into small amounts and add food coloring to each amount.
- Shape into small balls and press with a fork. Or be creative and make different shapes or use candy molds. Put onto wax paper and let dry till set. Put into a covered container.
- I make mine with peppermint flavoring or Butter flavoring. Very rich and delicious.
- Servings vary depending on how big or small you make the mints.
Easy, delicious recipe! Instead of adding the flavoring to the whole batch in the pot, I went ahead and split them out into 3 bowls and added a few drops of flavoring to each bowl at the same time as adding the food coloring. I made these for Christmas, so I made green ones flavored with almond extract, red ones flavored with orange extract, and left a batch white with vanilla extract. They were a pretty addition and quite tasty. I rolled them into balls this time, but I am interested in trying out the cookie cutter idea next time! Thanks for sharing. PARTY '10
Made these for Christmas and split the dough into 3 parts. Used the butter flavoring like you suggested, almond and vanilla. Very good! Be conservative with the vanilla , stronger than the flavorings. I wasn't sure how long to