Cream Cheese Candy Cane Cookies- Pillsbury
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, egg; blend well.
- Add cake mix; mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- Add coloring to half of dough; blend well for even red color.
- For each cookie, measure 1 teaspoon white and 1 teaspoon red dough.
- Roll out each into 4 inch ropes.
- Place ropes side by side.
- Lightly roll together; twist.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; shape each to resemble a candy cane.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these for a Christmas cookie exchange at work. I really like the idea of these. The dough was impossible to roll out however. It was way to moist and just wouldn't work. I ended up just rolling the dough into a cookie sheet and using cut out of candy canes (they wouldn't transfer from the table to the cookie sheet without falling apart). I sprinkled crushed peppermint and sugar on the top of them. They tasted great, just didn't turn out the way that I wanted them to.