Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Cookies
I think I came up with these as a result of surfing the web and adding a few ideas together. These are really, really good. Be sure to use the parchment or wax paper or you will have a terrible mess on your hands. (Guess how I know this. ;) )
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (about 1/2 a 12 oz. Bag)
- 1⁄2 cup candy cane, crushed (about 50 of the little ones)
- Cream butter until light. Gradually add sugars, creaming well until blended. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir together flour, salt and soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in chips and crushed candy canes.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked the combination of the candy cane candy and the white chocolate chips. I think 375 degrees is a little too hot though. The cookies browned way too quickly. I tried around 340 instead for 12 minutes and it worked a lot better. Use parchment paper. I would also recommend sprinkling the candy canes 1-2 minutes before you take it out of the oven otherwise it just melts. Also, put the cookies immediately on the cooling rack, and I would recommend leaving it there for an hour.Replies 1