1/1 Photo of Yummy Coconut Curry Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
An adapted recipe... tweaked to mine and the DBF's preference. Hope you enjoy! You can use any kind of chicken you prefer, we just happen to love dark meat! =D The sauce also freezes well, so if you have leftovers that you don't want to waste, pour it in a Ziploc bag and freeze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Prep and chop veggies.
- 2Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes.
- 3Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- 4Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- 6Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine.
- 7Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
- 8Add carrots and potatoes. Remove lid and cook uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened up some.
- 9Serve over steaming jasmine rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Coconut Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 363.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
sweetened coconut milk