I had leftovers in my fridge one day... Even my kids liked it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup rice, cooked (I used brown rice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.5 (35 g) package fajita seasoning mix (I use Old El Paso brand)
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups salsa (I use chunky, mild salsa)
- 48 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 1In large skillet, cook onion and red pepper in oil, until just softened .
- 2Add garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- 3Add spinach, and cook until wilted.
- 4Add black beans, rice, and fajita mix. (If you like spicier, add the whole package.) Stir all together.
- 5Add 1/2 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- 6Heat oven to 375F.
- 7In large glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of salsa.
- 8Place bean mix on tortillas, and roll. Place in glass dish, rolled side down.
- 9Spread remainder of salsa on top.
- 10Sprinkle last 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- 11Cover dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Black Bean and Spinach Enchilada
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.3
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 1046.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix
whole wheat tortillas