Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had leftovers in my fridge one day... Even my kids liked it!
Make and share this Yummy Black Bean and Spinach Enchilada recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 cup rice, cooked (I used brown rice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 0.5 (35 g) package fajita seasoning mix (I use Old El Paso brand)
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups salsa (I use chunky, mild salsa)
- 48 inches whole wheat tortillas
- In large skillet, cook onion and red pepper in oil, until just softened .
- Add garlic, and cook 1 minute.
- Add spinach, and cook until wilted.
- Add black beans, rice, and fajita mix. (If you like spicier, add the whole package.) Stir all together.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In large glass baking dish, spread 1 cup of salsa.
- Place bean mix on tortillas, and roll. Place in glass dish, rolled side down.
- Spread remainder of salsa on top.
- Sprinkle last 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted.
Yummy is right! And hearty, too--this is a great meatless meal to serve to vegetarians and skeptical carnivores. I only used 1/2 c cheese in the filling and didn't top with more as I ran out, but I imagine they would be even yummier with more cheese (maybe cottage cheese in the filling and cheddar on top?). I got 8 enchiladas using 8 inch wheat tortillas and 1/2 c filling in each, and as I said before they were quite filling. A dollop of homemade guacamole on top really pushed them over the top, so do try that if you are able! Thanks for posting! Made for PARTY 2010.