1/4 Photos of Yummy Beef Curry
1 hr 5 mins
La Famille Roy's Note:
The original name of Curry is Kari in Tamil language, which means "sauce" as many dishes that are widely prepared in South India and cooked with vegetable or meat and usually mixed with cooked rice and served hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g beef, cut into pieces big like matchbox
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peel and sliced them into cube
- 1 carrot (optional)
- 2 large white potatoes (optional)
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 5 lemongrass, use a wooden hammer to hit the stems and then cut them into 2 inch long each pieces
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 white onion, peeled and thin sliced
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 4 hot red peppers, pureed
- 2 inch fresh ginger, minced finely
- 3 garlic cloves, pureed
- 29.58 ml lemongrass, pureed
- 44.37-59.16 ml curry powder
- 14.79-29.58 ml chili paste (optional if you prefer more spicy)
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 14.79 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml annatto oil
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 stalk coriander (Vietnamese coriander, called Ngo gai)
- 5 piece white bread
- 473.18 ml water or 473.18 ml coconut water
- 1Use curry powder to marinate the beef for about 15 minutes.
- 2Using a large saucepan, deep heart, or soup pot is fine as well.
- 3Heat a wok on the high heat with 4 tablespoons of oil, when the oil is very hot, drop the ginger, lemongrass, yellow onion, garlic, chilli (finely crushed) into the pan, stir and fry for about 4 minutes.
- 4Then add the marinated meat into the pan, stir-fry until the meat shrinks and looks quite firm (about 5 minutes).
- 5Pour the water into the pan and cover, reduce the heat and cook until the meat is tender.
- 6Next, pour the vegetables into this pan, stir, add sugar and salt and then cover the pan, wait until the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- 7Now, pour the coconut milk in the curry pan. Try to test the taste and add seasoning, if necessary.
- 8Dressing: Ladle curry into a deep plate and decorate with fragrant knotweed, some fresh peppers and white onion ( sliced).
- 9Tips: Must be eaten while hot. Served with crunchy toasted white bread, white cooked rice or fresh noodles. Cook faster with pressure cooker.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (659 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.7
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 2102.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: