Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This savoury veggie pie is pure comfort food to me. It has a flaky buttery crust and a yummy filling of autumnal veggies topped with cheese. I hope youll enjoy it as much as we did! :)
- In a big bowl combine flour, butter cut into chunks, water, salt and egg. Knead into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and sautee veggies for 7 minutes or until done.
- For the sauce combine cream, 3 eggs, paprika, pepper and cheese. Set aside.
- Now line the base of a spring form pan (26 cm in diameter) with parchment paper. Roll out 2/3 of the dough into a circle of 26 cm diameter and place in the pan. Make sure to remove the sides of the pan when pre-baking the dough for the base. Prick with a fork and bake at 200°C/400°F for 12 minutes.
- Take out and allow to cool for a minute. Grease the sides of the pan and place them around the bottom again.
- Form rest of the dough into a long rope and use this as the sides of your quiche. It works best if you place them on the bottom and use your fingers to connect them with the base and a spoon to form a high side.
- Fill in the veggies and pour the sauce over them.
- Bake another 25-30 minutes on the lower rack of your oven.
This is a lovely Quiche recipe. I did cheat a bit as I used a store bought crust. But, other then that I followed the recipe. I was very pleased with the end result. Will make again, thanks for sharing :)
Here's yet another great recipe for me to keep & serve to my vegetarian son & his wife! Made this the other day just for the 2 of us here, & it managed as left-overs for just one more meal, before it was all gone! GREAT TASTING, & I especially appreciated the flavor combo of veggies here ~ carrots, peas & leeks ~ & the gouda cheese! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for my chosen chef in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 21]