Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an recipe from some really good family friends. Kathy created this recipe for her wonderful husband who was diabetic. She entered it in a contest for one of the sugar subsitutes. Naturally she won. YOu can see why. My family loves to eat it anytime but it makes a great Sunday morning brunch item. We hope you love it too.
- 2 medium apples, peeled,cored and sliced into thin circles then cut in half (Pampered Chef's Apple Slicer/corer makes this a snap.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute or 1 1⁄4 cups other sugar substitute, mixed with
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (I have water when I don't have the juice and there is little difference.)
- 8 large refrigerated biscuits, cut into quarters
- Roll biscuit quarters in melted butter and drop in ziploc bag with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake until coated.
- You may want to do this in batches.
- Arrange in a 10 inch round baking pan.
- Stand the 1/2 apple slices around the edge then fill in between the biscuit quarters with remaining apple slices.
- Gently pour the remaining butter over the biscuits/apples.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the biscuits and apples.
- Sprinkle the apple juice concentrate over all that.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
These are so good for breakfast. What a nice change of pace for us! These would be great with blueberries, raspberries etc. too!
Monkey bread with apples. Quite nice and easily made.