Recipe by Paddles
This is an recipe from some really good family friends. Kathy created this recipe for her wonderful husband who was diabetic. She entered it in a contest for one of the sugar subsitutes. Naturally she won. YOu can see why. My family loves to eat it anytime but it makes a great Sunday morning brunch item. We hope you love it too.
- 2 medium apples, peeled,cored and sliced into thin circles then cut in half (Pampered Chef's Apple Slicer/corer makes this a snap.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute or 1 1⁄4 cups other sugar substitute, mixed with
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (I have water when I don't have the juice and there is little difference.)
- 8 large refrigerated biscuits, cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll biscuit quarters in melted butter and drop in ziploc bag with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake until coated.
- You may want to do this in batches.
- Arrange in a 10 inch round baking pan.
- Stand the 1/2 apple slices around the edge then fill in between the biscuit quarters with remaining apple slices.
- Gently pour the remaining butter over the biscuits/apples.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the biscuits and apples.
- Sprinkle the apple juice concentrate over all that.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.