Thess cupcakes are simply the best!! Simple to make, and oh so yummo!
Make and share this Yummo Strawberry Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c, (350f), line a 12 hole cupcake pan with paper cases.
- Sift the flour and salt into large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients, except for the icing ingredients.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until combined and smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Or till golden and firm to the touch, and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the Icing:.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork, combine with the sifted icing sugar and beat until smooth. Adding more Icing sugar if needed. Spread over cakes and store in an airtight container once icing has set.
- To make a lemon icing, combine 125gm Icing sugar, 20gm of soft butter and 1 - 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- For Orange cupcakes, substitute the milk with 125ml of freshly squeezed orange juice, and add 1 tablespoon of finely grated orange zest to the cake batter.