1/3 Photos of Yummo Strawberry Cupcakes
Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic's Note:
Thess cupcakes are simply the best!! Simple to make, and oh so yummo!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g self raising flour, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g butter, softened
- 175 g caster sugar
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml milk
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180c, (350f), line a 12 hole cupcake pan with paper cases.
- 2Sift the flour and salt into large mixing bowl. Add all the other ingredients, except for the icing ingredients.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until combined and smooth.
- 4Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Or till golden and firm to the touch, and a skewer comes out clean.
- 5Cool on a wire rack.
- 6To make the Icing:.
- 7Mash the strawberries with a fork, combine with the sifted icing sugar and beat until smooth. Adding more Icing sugar if needed. Spread over cakes and store in an airtight container once icing has set.
- 9To make a lemon icing, combine 125gm Icing sugar, 20gm of soft butter and 1 - 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- 10For Orange cupcakes, substitute the milk with 125ml of freshly squeezed orange juice, and add 1 tablespoon of finely grated orange zest to the cake batter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummo Strawberry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of